How Often Should I Have My Unit Serviced?
One of the most important things that you can do for the longevity of your home’s heating unit is to have it serviced on a regular basis. Consider the following about how often you should have your unit serviced, as well as the benefits of regular heater maintenance—
Benefits of Regular Service & Maintenance
Regularly servicing your heater is an essential part of maintaining the health of your furnace for years to come, as well as keeping your energy bills consistent. Consider some of these key benefits of regular service and maintenance:
- Better indoor air quality. By regularly servicing your furnace, including, importantly, replacing the filter, you are ensuring that the air inside of your home is as clean as possible. When furnaces aren’t serviced regularly, filters become clogged and dust, debris, pet dander, etc. will be circulated throughout the home.
- Mitigate repairs. The easiest way to prevent repairs and furnace breakdowns is to regularly service your heater. With servicing, you can catch minor problems before they become big ones and always help your furnace to function as efficiently as possible, which is key to longevity.
- Safety and peace of mind. One important part of regular maintenance is that regular maintenance is a safety issue that can help to prevent serious defects, such as carbon monoxide leaks.
- Maintain your warranty. Depending on your furnace model and when you purchased it, your warranty may specify that it is your responsibility to perform regular services and that if you fail to do so, your warranty is voided.
- Improved energy efficiency. When your furnace is well-maintained, it will run more efficiently. A more energy-efficient furnace helps to save energy, reduce your monthly electricity cost, and is better for the planet.
How Often Should You Have Your HVAC Serviced?
You should change your furnace filter at least once every three months, but more often if you have allergies or if you have pets in the home. In terms of professional furnace servicing, you should aim to have your furnace serviced at least once per year.
Call Naughton Mechanical, LLC
To learn more about the importance of regular furnace maintenance and how often you should have your heating unit serviced, call Naughton Mechanical, LLC today. Our team provides a range of heating services and has over 20 years of experience working in Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana. Reach out to us today to learn more. We are here to serve you.