During the coldest months of the year, staying warm requires more than just bundling up inside. For maximum coziness, you definitely want a working heater. For heating repair Schererville that you can trust, call Naughton Mechanical LLC. Our heating repair experts have years of experience and a reputation for excellence. Call today to schedule your heating repair.
Common Furnace Issues
At Naughton Mechanical LLC, we’ve seen it all when it comes to furnace issues. Some of the top issues that we commonly encounter include:
- Broken thermostat. If your thermostat is out of batteries or has another issue, this will impact your entire system. Luckily, replacing a thermostat is a pretty easy fix.
- Dirty filters. Your filters should be replaced once every few months, and even more often if you have pets. If your filters are dirty or clogged, your furnace will have to work extra hard to heat your home, putting strain on it and reducing effectiveness.
- Defunct pilot light. If your pilot light is out, your furnace won’t work. If your pilot light is flickering or oddly colored, this could be a sign of excessive carbon monoxide, which can be dangerous. Call a professional immediately.
- Broken heat exchanger. Heat exchangers can crack when filters aren’t regularly changed and homes are overheated. The heat exchanger usually will require replacement if this is the problem.
- Malfunctioning blower belt. It’s not uncommon for blower belts to break or fray over the years, resulting in motor malfunction. Fortunately, this problem is easily fixed with blower belt replacement.
- Over-cycling. Do you notice that your furnace is kicking on and off frequently? There are multiple potential causes of this issue, including a clogged filter or problems with airflow. It’s best to have this inspected by a professional.
- Broken limit switch. The limit switch activates and deactivates the furnace blower assembly, thereby transferring warm air through the ducts in your home. If it’s broken, your furnace may blow continually.
- No airflow. This is a common issue that can be caused by a multitude of issues, the most common being a clogged blower. If clearing your blower of debris doesn’t solve the issue, call a professional.
- Strange noises. Do you hear clicking, banging, or hissing? Ductwork issues, blower issues, motor problems, loose panels in the furnace, and more can all cause this issue.
Of course, if you notice an issue that isn’t listed above, don’t hesitate to call us!
What Our Customers Love About Us
When you choose our team for heating repair in Schererville, you’re choosing a team that is known for our responsiveness and expertise. We serve both residential and commercial customers throughout Schererville and the surrounding areas, offer a range of heating repair services including 24/7 emergency repair services, and always provide a free quote before we begin any work. We also keep most parts in stock and are able to perform same-day repair services as such.
Schedule Services for Heating Repair Schererville Today
To learn more about services for heating repair Schererville, send us a message online using our contact form or call our office directly. We look forward to working with you!